Our Great Asset

First of all, let's read the  SMILE Story

LEXI, an unhappy woman of substance, sits impatiently on a bus stop bench. MICHAEL, a (great looking, well built, bald) homeless guy, sits down next to her with a big smile on his face.
LEXI: What are you smiling for?
MICHAEL: It's what I do.
LEXI: I won't ask.
MICHAEL: I sell smiles for a living.
LEXI: I'm not interested.
MICHAEL: Here, have a free one - on me. (He smiles at her.)
LEXI: No thank you.
MICHAEL: Sorry, can't take it back. You'll have to give it to someone else.
LEXI: What?
MICHAEL: The smile. You'll have to give it away if you don't want it. Or sell it if you like - apparently it hasn't been used much.
LEXI: What do you mean by that?
MICHAEL: You don't smile very often, do you?
LEXI: So what if I don't?
MICHAEL: Shouldn't waste your smile...there's plenty of people who could use one.
LEXI: Well they can have mine.
MICHAEL: Your what?
LEXI: My smile.
MICHAEL: I don't see one.
LEXI: I thought you just gave me one.
MICHAEL: I tried, but it didn't stick. I think it bounced right off.
LEXI: Fine. What's there to smile about anyway?
MICHAEL: Well--
LEXI: You don't have to answer that.
MICHAEL: There's lots of things to smile about. It's a beautiful day outside; the buses are running on time--
LEXI: I don't want to hear about it.
MICHAEL: --and look at that flower over there, now that would make anybody smile--
LEXI: Would you leave me alone!(a long moment of silence. Finally, she gives in.)
LEXI: So what's the going rate on smiles these days?
MICHAEL: Pardon me?
LEXI: Your smiles...how much are they?
MICHAEL: Oh, they're very expensive.
LEXI: So's my taste.
MICHAEL: You probably couldn't afford one.
LEXI: Try me.
MICHAEL: I'm warning...it'll cost you.
LEXI: Yes, I know, HOW MUCH?
MICHAEL: One smile.
LEXI: One smile?
MICHAEL: That's how much they cost.
LEXI: What?
MICHAEL: The price for a smile is exactly one smile. That's the going rate. (She thinks about it)
LEXI: Alright. (smiles) I'll take one.
MICHAEL: It was a pleasure doing business with you.(he leaves)(Daisy, a streetwalker, sits down next to her.)
DAISY: What's with the smile?
LEXI: I sell smiles for a living. 
This Story is to remind you to always smile and be cheerful! It makes people happy! Keep on smiling!

"We might not know it but a smile is the greatest asset we have. When we smile, it not only lights up our faces and spread good feeling, we also give permission for someone shy to smile too; to approach us; to feel good in their actions and to feel worthy. A smile does not just show our teeth or suggest how we feel. It is silently empowering and can make someone's day, big time! We affirm them and show we value them. Denying a smile or attention to someone increases their fear of being rejected, gives a negative message and does not add to our joy. Yet smiling is so easy to do and so priceless in its effects"
How is your smile today? Will you be withholding it or will you be giving it freely?

No Response to " "

Post a Comment